Monday, August 20, 2012

Election 2012


When I was elected to the Mt. Diablo Unified School District Board of Education four short years ago, the community wanted change.  I’m a current parent of a student in the District and I can tell you that I examine District needs as a parent.  Of the incumbents remaining on the Board, I’m the only Board Member with a student in our schools.  I ask tough questions and I expect honest answers.  I study the issues carefully and I make thoughtful and reasoned decisions.

As your board member I have helped facilitate positive change in the District. Though the state has reduced the District’s budget, MDUSD has been able to maintain financial stability.  I have championed strategic planning and provided the leadership necessary to bring about needed change.

There is much more to do.  We must improve communications.  We must set high standards for staff.  We must eradicate waste and inefficiency.  We must set high expectations for student achievement and conduct.

With your vote I will continue to work hard to bring about the positive changes that our District so badly needs. If you have questions or concerns I can be reached at sherrywhitmarsh@gmail.com or 925-899-4731. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment